Frequently Asked Questions
Anything you want for whenever you want! Do you love our New York itineraries!? You can choose the trip options you want! We can book anything that you or your group would like for any date that you desire. Do you have an upcoming corporate, family or friends outing that you’re planning? Or, are you and your loved one looking for something new and exciting to do? Don’t miss out on having an absolute blast! Let us help you book the epic trip that you'll always remember. We are experts at creating custom New York trips. We can easily tailor to your wants and needs for single day trips to multi-day trips. Contact one of our Trip Specialists today!
Many tour and travel companies that feature New York Trips focus solely on activities and sightseeing within New York City. Active Lifestyle Tours gives you the “Best of Both Worlds" by showing you New York City and the beauty of upstate New York. We can easily accommodate the New Yorker that is looking for a get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the upstate New Yorker that's looking for the thrill of the city, or the traveller that comes from afar who has dreamed of visiting New York all their lives! No matter who you are, we have an itinerary for you! We guarantee you unforgettable activities such as; hiking, biking, speed boating and zip lining along with taking in the famous iconic sights, and tasting local beer, wine and food.
- Active Lifestyle Tours works closely with your requests. All rooms will have:
- 2 queen beds
- or 1 king bed
- We’ll do our best to get you the rooms you request.
- If you’re coming alone on one of our pre-scheduled trip dates like many of our guests do; we’ll room you with someone of the same gender we feel you’ll get along great with!
- Traveling with others and want to stay together? That’s never a problem! Just let us know beforehand.
- No problem! Active Lifestyle Tours firmly believes that it's your trip and you may make the choice as to which activities you want to do and don’t want to do.
Breakfast (included only if doing a multi-day trip)
Daily hot breakfast is included in your trip and will be served every morning at the hotel.
Lunch (not included unless you request it to be)
- We’ll have a set time (usually 1-2 hours for lunch). Your Trip Leaders will give you great suggestions and options on where to eat. The choice is yours! You won't be disappointed!
Dinners (not included unless you request it to be for an additional price)
- Take as much time as you want and indulge on the amazing cuisines of the area! Trip Leaders will happily assist you with making dinner arrangements, suggestions and options.
- Transportation between airport and hotel
- Lunches, dinners, beverages, snacks, room service
- The hotel accommodations prior to the trip start date and after the trip ends (including the night the trip ends)
- All types of personal insurance/travel insurance
*upon request, many of the above not included we can give you a quote to include in the price of your trip. Contact us!
- Group activities listed
- Hot breakfasts at hotels (only for multi-day trips)
- Lodging (only for multi-day trips)
- Applicable taxes
- Trip Leaders
This all depends upon what trip you book and if you book a single day trip or a multi-day trip. Many of our trip options have their own cancellation circumstances. Our Trip Specialists can notify you of the specific cancellation circumstances for the trip you booked. However, Active Lifestyle Tours has its own policy for most multi-day trips booked. That cancellation policy is as follows:
- If a trip is cancelled more than 30 days prior to departure, all payments made are refundable (including taxes).
- If a trip is cancelled 29 to 15 days prior to the trip, 50% of the total trip costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
- If a trip is cancelled 14 to 8 days prior to the trip, 75% of the total trip costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
- If a trip is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the trip, 100% of the total trip costs are forfeited (which includes taxes).
If you are unable to attend the trip you can transfer your spot to another person to avoid cancellation fees. You must inform Active Lifestyle Tours of the change.
If you are unable to attend the trip, you can also receive a credit to attend the same or similar trip of a later date.
These cancellation fees are in addition to any other cancellation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent that you may have booked separately from us. Active Lifestyle Tours has no control over that.
This Cancellation Policy is outlined on our Terms and Conditions Policy.
(you may also use this link to get travel protection for any other travel you do that's not booked with Active Lifestyle Tours)
Yes, we do! Here they are:
Payment Option #1
- Upon booking, payment in full is made.
Payment Option #2
- Upon booking, 50% of the total cost of the trip is due.
- The other 50% is due 30 days prior to trip with no interest (but you don’t have to worry about it- your credit card or checking account you used upon booking will be charged automatically).
- If booking within 14 days, full payment is due upon booking.
How can I do Payment Option #2?
- It's easy! Please email us and we'll be happy to set it up for you.
*(All payments are processed within the United States of America)*
- Complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in many of Active Lifestyle Tours utilized guest rooms and/or the public areas of most of our visited properties and activities. In many places there is also a choice for paid Wi-Fi. Be aware that in some areas throughout a trip, you may not have any cell service.
- Yes, within reason the activities we do ARE rain or shine. However, you may opt out if you’d like and do your own thing at any time throughout the trip.
- Yes, of course you can! We would love to assist you with this. Contact one of our Trip Specialists for help doing this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This varies due to each of our trips being different. However, we always are sure to notify our guests what time the trip is expected to start and end with plenty of notice.
- Our trips are primarily English speaking. However, we would be happy to customize a trip with a translator as needed.
Yes! Active Lifestyle Tours would be happy to book your flights for you. Please contact us to do this.
- In addition to Active Lifestyle Tours flexible travel protection in our Terms and Conditions Policy, we do offer an additional Travel Protection for our guests. Prices vary; however, they are very affordable for the insurance you get on your trip. Please purchase such travel insurance at our Travel Protection Partnership Company “Seven Corners” with this below link.
- You may also use this link to get travel protection for any other travel you do that's not booked with Active Lifestyle Tours!
Here's info from usa.gov on obtaining a visa for travel into the U.S.
If you are planning a brief visit to the U.S. for business or tourism, you might need to apply for a visitor or a transit visa. These are the steps you should take:
1. Find out if you need a visa.
Check to see if your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you don't see your country listed, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to visit the U.S.
2. Determine which visa you might need for your visit.
Most business and tourism travelers use B-1 and B-2 visitor visas.
B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.
Transit visas are less common.
Transit C visa classification is for foreign nationals traveling through the U.S. to another country and stopping briefly in the U.S. as part of their travel to the next foreign destination.
Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crew-members of sea vessels or international airlines traveling to the U.S.
3. Apply for a visa.
The process of applying for a visa will vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Follow the specific instructions for the country that you’re in.
In general, you will need:
International travelers for business or pleasure who are citizens of one of the 38 countries that participate in the U.S.’s Visa Waiver Program (VWP) can get a visa waiver. While you do not need a visa to come to the U.S. for your business meeting or for vacation, you must get an approved travel authorization prior to your trip to the U.S.
How to Apply and Get Approval to Travel to the U.S.
- Check the list of 38 countries that participate in the VWP.
- You must have an e-Passport to use the VWP. This type of passport is also known as an electronic passport and has an embedded chip in it.
- Fill out the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) online application. ESTA determines the eligibility of a visitor to travel to the U.S. under the VWP.
- The processing fee is $4.00 and if you are approved, there is an additional $10.00 authorization charge. Learn how to pay for your ESTA fee.
- When you fill out your application, you will get an ESTA application number. Use this number to check the status of your application if it has been accepted to travel to the U.S.
Visitors traveling to the U.S. for tourism or business meetings or conferences under the VWP can stay for up to 90 days without a visa.
An international student can apply for a student or exchange visitor visa only after being accepted by a school certified in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Students’ records are kept in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Learn more about SEVP and SEVIS, and about the SEVIS fee.
Types of Educational Visas
Your course of study, the school you plan to attend, or the exchange program you will be with will determine the type of student visa you will need.
The most common student visas are F-1 and M-1 visas.
F-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing academic studies.
M-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing vocational studies.
J-1 visa classification is also known as the exchange visitor program (EVP) and is for foreign nationals approved to take part in work or study-based exchange programs. Examples include visiting scholar, camp counselor, or research assistant.
The duration of stay for J-1 visa holders depends on the agreement between you and your Department of State approved sponsoring organization. Find a Department of State approved sponsoring organization or program.
Learn more about studying in the U.S.
Only citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for a nonimmigrant North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Professional visa to work in the U.S. The NAFTA Professional visa classification is TN and grants the holder temporary entry into the U.S. to work in business activities at a professional level for an initial period of up to three years.
How to Apply
After getting a letter from your future employer confirming your offer of a position, the application processes varies for Canadian and Mexican citizens.
Canadian Citizens: a NAFTA Professional (TN) visa is usually not required. You can go directly to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) port of entry, with your documentation for an interview to be admitted to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant who can legally work in the U.S.
Mexican Citizens: a NAFTA Professional (TN) visa is required. Complete the online visa application form DS-160, print out the confirmation page, and bring it to your interview. If you are applying in Mexico, a photo is not required for your application.
Prepare for Your Interview
Based on your skills, circumstances, and the job that you intend to do, you may be able to come to the U.S. as a temporary or permanent foreign worker or as a temporary visitor for business. Under certain circumstances, you may also be able to work in the U.S. if you’re a foreign student or an exchange visitor.
As a foreign worker, you will need a visa to be employed in the U.S. Each type of visa has unique requirements, conditions, and time limits.
- Visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service’s (USCIS) Working in the U.S. website for an overview of each worker category and type of visa.
- Use the Department of State’s visa wizard to find the visa you need, the application process, fees, and estimated wait time for a visa interview.
Your Rights and Protections
- As a temporary foreign worker in the U.S., you will not be denied a visa or be punished by the U.S. government because you have exercised your rights under U.S. laws. Learn your rights and protections.
- If you violate the terms of your work visa, it could be revoked and you could be removed from the U.S. (deported), arrested, or denied reentry into the U.S.
- If you suspect you or someone you know is being brought to the U.S. for the purpose of human trafficking, get help now.
If you’re in the U.S. and have questions about visas and immigration, contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center. If you’re in another country, contact your nearest international immigration office.
If you’re a citizen of another country engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen, and you plan to marry and live in the United States, your fiancé(e) can petition for a K-1 visa for you. The K-1 visa allows you to travel to the United States to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of arriving. After you marry, you may apply for an adjustment of status to permanent resident and receive a Permanent Resident (Green) Card.
The K-1 visa expires after 90 days and cannot be extended. If you don’t marry within that time, you must leave the country immediately or face possible deportation.
Find step-by-step instructions on the Department of State K-1 visa page for petitioning and applying for your K-1 visa.
Download forms from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services fiancé(e) visas page for your fiancé(e) to petition for your visa and for you to apply for authorization to work .