Frequently Asked Questions

What is your COVID-19 policy?

Our COVID-19 Information

Your health and safety are of our greatest concern and top priority.  COVID-19 is fast changing and the guidelines for the state and country are constantly changing.  Rest assured knowing that Active Lifestyle Tours follows all guidelines that are updated by the CDC and local governments.  Here are some important new steps and procedures that we’ve implemented to enhance hygiene protocols as well as to comply with social distancing requirements to provide you with a peace of mind when you travel with Active Lifestyle Tours:

  1. All of our Trip leaders/Guides have been trained in enhanced hygiene and social distancing procedures.  During your trip they will monitor the hygiene etiquette of our travelers, by making sure the high standards of hygiene and social distancing are maintained to the best of our ability. In addition, many of our staff have been recently vaccinated. 
  2. As noted above, protocols are constantly changing and we will keep you well informed and ask that you cooperate with our advice and direction from the local government.
  3. Any vehicles that you'll be riding in are sanitized before the start of your trip.
  4. Active Lifestyle Tours asks that all of our travelers follow hygiene practices of washing hands consistently, using hand sanitizer, wearing a mask when necessary and follow social distancing guidelines to the best of their ability.

             We're all in this together and must help to keep each other safe and healthy while having a great time!

How do I book a trip?

To book a trip, visit our "Booking" page and fill out the online form with details such as:

  • The trip you're interested in
  • Your preferred date(s)
  • Amount of people
  • If transportation is needed

You'll then be contacted back by Active Lifestyle Tours to book and confirm your trip!

How are we different than other New York tour companies?

Many tour and travel companies that feature New York Trips focus solely on activities and sightseeing within New York City.  Active Lifestyle Tours gives you the “Best of Both Worlds" by showing you the beauty of the Hudson Valley and Catskill Mountains! We can easily accommodate the New Yorker that's looking for a get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the upstate New Yorker that's looking for the thrill of the city, or the traveller that comes from afar who has always dreamed of visiting New York! No matter who you are, we have an itinerary for you!  We guarantee you unforgettable activities such as hiking, biking, sunset sailings, zip lining, llama/alpaca hikes, wineries, breweries, distilleries and more!    

What if I decide that I don't want to do an activity once I get there?
  • No problem! Active Lifestyle Tours firmly believes that it's your trip and you may make the choice as to which activities you want to do and don’t want to do. However, we want you to conquer your fears and try some adventure! 
What is included in the price of a trip?
  • Group activities listed
  • Lodging (for multi-day trips)
  • Applicable taxes and fees
  • A detailed itinerary
What is NOT included in the price of a trip?
  • Meals and drinks
  • Gratuities
What if I must cancel my trip?

Cancellation Policy:

  • If a trip is cancelled 7 days prior, all payments made are refundable (including taxes).
  • If a trip is cancelled 3 to 6 days prior, 50% of the total trip costs are forfeited (including taxes). 
  • If a trip is cancelled less than 72 hours (3 days) prior, 100% of the total trip costs are forfeited (including taxes). 

Other Cancellation Options:

  • If you are unable to attend the trip, you can transfer your spot to another person to avoid cancellation fees.
  • If you are unable to attend the trip, you MAY be able to receive a credit to attend the same or similar trip at a later date. 

The Cancellation Policy is also outlined in our Terms and Conditions Policy. 

Get A Quote

Get A Insurance Quote

It is always highly recommended to protect any trip that you do and purchase trip insurance. Purchase through our Travel Protection Partnership Company “Seven Corners” with this above link.

(you may also use this link to purchase travel protection for any other travel you do that's not booked with Active Lifestyle Tours) 

How can Active Lifestyle Tours plan a custom trip for me?

Anything you want for whenever you want!

Do you love our New York itineraries!? You can choose the trip options you want! Do you have an upcoming corporate, family or friends outing that you’re planning? Or, are you and your loved one looking for something new and exciting to do? Don’t miss out on having an absolute blast! Let Active Lifestyle Tours help you book the epic trip that you'll always remember. Contact us today! 

Is Wi-Fi available during trips?
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in many of Active Lifestyle Tours hotels we work with as well as some of the public areas on our trips. However, in some areas throughout your trip, you may not have any cell service.
May I see customer reviews?

Customer Reviews

  • "I know first hand you'll have an energetic host and have a lot of fun."

-Traci, Cornwall, New York

  • "Highly experienced owner with international standards of quality."

-Gabriel, San Carlos, Costa Rica

  • "Not your normal vacation, but rather an EXTRAORDINARY one!"

-Tonja, Greensboro, North Carolina

  • "This company was able to customize a trip for my wife and I and it couldn’t have been more organized. Every detail of our trip was personalized with our guide doing an incredible job making sure we were having a great time." 

-Dennis, Hoboken, New Jersey

To leave a customer review for Active Lifestyle Tours; visit our Trip Advisor page or our facebook page. 

"Super Experience !" December 30, 2020 - A Tripadvisor Traveler Read 9 reviews of Active Lifestyle Tours, LLC



Are all the activities rain or shine?
  • Yes, our activities are rain or shine. 

We hate when the weather doesn't cooperate. We know that it's difficult to predict, however we kindly ask that you keep an eye on the weather leading up to your trip. Please be in contact with us if you're thinking of cancelling.

Furthermore, we do have indoor options available as well. Some of these include indoor rock climbing/top roping, Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library Museum, axe throwing, shooting ranges, etc. 

*Many of the wineries, breweries and distilleries we visit do have indoor areas. 

How does hotel rooming work for multi-day trips?
  • Active Lifestyle Tours always works closely with you on any specific hotel rooming requests you may have. Furthermore, all standard rooms we book for our guests will have either:
    • 2 queen beds
    • 1 king bed
    • or 1 queen bed

Please let us know at the time of your booking if you have any specific requests such as a room upgrade.

Below are some of the hotels that we work with in the areas of our trip activities. However, we can book any different hotel that you or your group desires. Click the below links to check out the hotel descriptions and pictures:

What if we want to stay at a different hotel?
  • Yes, of course you can! We would love to assist you with this so you can get our discounted hotel rates. Ask us at the time of your booking:
May I add extra hotel nights before or after my scheduled trip?
  • Yes, of course you can! We would love to assist you with this so you can get our discounted hotel rates. Ask us at the time of your booking:
What time do the trips start and end?
  • This varies for each trip. We work closely with you to coordinate times that work best for you and us. 
Do you offer trips for different speaking languages?
  • Active Lifestyle Tours trips are primarily English speaking. However, we're always happy to customize a trip with a translator for you.  
Do you book flights?

Active Lifestyle Tours would be happy to book any flights that you may need. Please contact us to do this! 


How can I follow Active Lifestyle Tours on social media?
Do you offer Travel Insurance?
  • Yes!
  • In addition to Active Lifestyle Tours flexible travel protection in our Terms and Conditions Policy, we do offer an additional Travel Protection for our guests. Prices vary; however, they are very affordable for the insurance you get on your trip. Purchase through our Travel Protection Partnership Company “Seven Corners” with this below link.
    Get A Quote
  • You may also use this link to get travel protection for any other travel you do that's not booked with Active Lifestyle Tours! 
For International Travelers- Do I need a visa to travel to the United States? If so, how can I obtain one?

Here's information from on obtaining a visa for travel into the United States

Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas to the U.S.

Learn how to apply for different types of nonimmigrant visas for tourists, students, business travelers and future spouses. Also, find information about the Visa Waiver Program, and how to get a job in the United States as a foreign worker.

How to Apply Online for a Business or Tourism Visitor Visa to the U.S.

If you are planning a brief visit to the U.S. for business or tourism, you might need to apply for a visitor or a transit visa. These are the steps you should take:

1. Find out if you need a visa.

Check to see if your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you don't see your country listed, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to visit the U.S.

2.  Determine which visa you might need for your visit.

Most business and tourism travelers use B-1 and B-2 visitor visas.

  • B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.

  • B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.

Transit visas are less common.

  • Transit C visa classification is for foreign nationals traveling through the U.S. to another country and stopping briefly in the U.S. as part of their travel to the next foreign destination.

  • Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crew-members of sea vessels or international airlines traveling to the U.S.

3. Apply for a visa.

The process of applying for a visa will vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Follow the specific instructions for the country that you’re in.

In general, you will need:

Waiver Program for Tourists and Business Travelers

International travelers for business or pleasure who are citizens of one of the 38 countries that participate in the U.S.’s Visa Waiver Program (VWP) can get a visa waiver. While you do not need a visa to come to the U.S. for your business meeting or for vacation, you must get an approved travel authorization prior to your trip to the U.S.

How to Apply and Get Approval to Travel to the U.S.

Visitors traveling to the U.S. for tourism or business meetings or conferences under the VWP can stay for up to 90 days without a visa.

Student and Vocational Training Visas


An international student can apply for a student or exchange visitor visa only after being accepted by a school certified in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Students’ records are kept in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Learn more about SEVP and SEVIS, and about the SEVIS fee.

Types of Educational Visas

Your course of study, the school you plan to attend, or the exchange program you will be with will determine the type of student visa you will need.

The most common student visas are F-1 and M-1 visas.

  • F-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing academic studies.

  • M-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing vocational studies.

Check out the differences (PDF, Download Adobe Reader) (PDF, Download Adobe Reader) between F-1 visas and M-1 visas and how to apply.

  • J-1 visa classification is also known as the exchange visitor program (EVP) and is for foreign nationals approved to take part in work or study-based exchange programs. Examples include visiting scholar, camp counselor, or research assistant.  

Learn how to apply for a J-1 visa.

The duration of stay for J-1 visa holders depends on the agreement between you and your Department of State approved sponsoring organization. Find a Department of State approved sponsoring organization or program.

Learn more about studying in the U.S.

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Professional Visa


Only citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for a nonimmigrant North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Professional visa to work in the U.S. The NAFTA Professional visa classification is TN and grants the holder temporary entry into the U.S. to work in business activities at a professional level for an initial period of up to three years.

How to Apply    

After getting a letter from your future employer confirming your offer of a position, the application processes varies for Canadian and Mexican citizens.

Canadian Citizens: a NAFTA Professional (TN) visa is usually not required. You can go directly to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) port of entry, with your documentation for an interview to be admitted to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant who can legally work in the U.S.

Mexican Citizens: a NAFTA Professional (TN) visa is required. Complete the online visa application form DS-160, print out the confirmation page, and bring it to your interview. If you are applying in Mexico, a photo is not required for your application.

Learn more about the process of applying for a TN nonimmigrant visa.

Prepare for Your Interview

Review this list of what you will need to bring to your in-person interview including what details need to be in your letter from your prospective employer.

Getting a Job in the U.S. as a Foreign Worker

Based on your skills, circumstances, and the job that you intend to do, you may be able to come to the U.S. as a temporary or permanent foreign worker or as a temporary visitor for business. Under certain circumstances, you may also be able to work in the U.S. if you’re a foreign student or an exchange visitor.

Work Visas

As a foreign worker, you will need a visa to be employed in the U.S. Each type of visa has unique requirements, conditions, and time limits.

Your Rights and Protections

  • As a temporary foreign worker in the U.S., you will not be denied a visa or be punished by the U.S. government because you have exercised your rights under U.S. laws. Learn your rights and protections.
  • If you violate the terms of your work visa, it could be revoked and you could be removed from the U.S. (deported), arrested, or denied reentry into the U.S.
  • If you suspect you or someone you know is being brought to the U.S. for the purpose of human trafficking, get help now.

Immigration Questions

If you’re in the U.S. and have questions about visas and immigration, contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center. If you’re in another country, contact your nearest international immigration office.

The K-1 or Fiancé(e) Visa

If you’re a citizen of another country engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen, and you plan to marry and live in the United States, your fiancé(e) can petition for a K-1 visa for you. The K-1 visa allows you to travel to the United States to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of arriving. After you marry, you may apply for an adjustment of status to permanent resident and receive a Permanent Resident (Green) Card.

The K-1 visa expires after 90 days and cannot be extended. If you don’t marry within that time, you must leave the country immediately or face possible deportation.

Share This Page:

Do you need help?

Ask us any question about the U.S. government for free. We'll get you the answer or tell you where to find it.